Monday, January 23, 2012

Work Bench

Last week my best friend Kenny tipped me off to a craftsman work bench not too far from him in the Dayton/Kettering area.  It was a good score.  Barely used 5 drawer bench with side cabinet for $100.  I pulled the trigger with out hesitation and bought it right away.  He picked it up for me and is bring it by tomorrow on his way back home from his day job over at Putsch Racing here in Columbus.



Kenny has two almost exactly like it and when ever we wrench on cars at his place, I always comment on his set up and organization.  Right now i just have a two piece rolling tool box, so this should be a major upgrade in that area.  Plus its much better storage than my current work bench left by the previous owners.






The only down side to it is a lack of space in my true one car garage.  I think I am going to keep it in the basement.  My main goal for this is to motivate me to save for a house with a bigger garage.  I don't need a  massive megga buck garage like you see on garagejournal.com, I just want something big enough to work it. 

I love our current house and especially the area we live in but it's too small.  If anything, this gives me some inspiration to keep saving and work towards getting our next home.  One with room to start a family.  Room for Missy to have her art studio.  A big tub for Missy (we only have 1 bathroom with a shower now).   An actual dining room.  And of course, room for a 2 car garage where I can really sink my teeth into my hobby. 

Needless to say, I am excited as a kid on Christmas to get my new bench.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment