Saturday, January 14, 2012

An intro.. kinda.. I guess.. I think?

Hey all you cats and kitties out there in interweb land.  Who's the groovinest, jivest, hippest swinging cat in this sweet sphere?  well.. its definitely not me, but welcome to my new blog anyways!   If you're reading this, either you just happened across it, or you know me and I sent you the link. 

For those who don't know me, I am Harry, I just turned 31, born and raised in CMH.  I am an only child, love the blues and classic rock, the Allman Brothers, the Grateful Dead as well as old soul music (especially Stax records stuff).  Jack Kerouac is my literary hero.  I have worked in the travel industry since 2004, starting with one of the dot coms (no, not the Gnome one, but the other one with the guy from the sci fi show that negotiates deals in cheesy commercials).  Since 2006 I have worked with one of the largest agencies in the world, specializing in corporate travel; first starting in the client data department, and then in 2007 moving into an Account Executive role, which i still am in today.  No, i cant get you a discount on flights, well at least not unless your a company that spends at least hundreds of thousands of dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars on travel every year.  But i can give you a lot of suggestions on where to find good deals and other travel tips (I would suggest starting out on Kayak).


I have been with my Fiance Missy for almost two years, and we were just recently engaged over the holidays.  She is my best friend and the best thing that ever happened to me.  We have two children together; my English Bulldog, Blue, and her Miniature Dachshund , Pepper.  Blue is gassy, winy, a often times hilarious, very stubborn and makes wookie noises.  Pepper is a spaz.  But at least she is a lovable spaz. 


I am an avid Porschephile.  I have loved Porsche cars ever since about 1984 when my dad bought a first year 944.  He sold it 9 mos later for profit (like all 1st year model Porsches, it was a hot item), which scarred me for life (not really) and forever planted the seed that I needed to have one some day.  Well, in 1997 when i was 16, I saw 944s were cheap and I wanted one.  My dad made me hold off for a year, and would not let me get a water cooled Porsche, so in 1998 we started looking at 914s and 912s.  We eventually settled on a 68 coupe as a father son project, which i still have today (he is widely known as Fritz).  I have driven Fritz on several cross country trips from Columbus to California and back, as well as all over the midwest and east coast.

My other passions (other than music and Porsche's) are history, baseball (huge baseball nut), documentaries (especially Ken Burns), Cleveland Browns football, and anything about motorsports or rallying.

OK.. well I think that is enough for right now..  Again, welcome to my little sand box.  I will be posting here about cars, life, music and other assorted things from time to time.  Feel free to say hi or make comments any time!  I do have just two rules:  1) no political comments 2) no religion comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment